February 6, 2012

Dreams

We all have our dreams in life, and most of us dream at night, but what happens when we no longer want to dream?


I had good dream last night, I was having a night out with a girl, and we had the time of our lives. It wasn't sexual or devious, but we were still having a lot of fun. When I woke up this morning, I remembered I was single, and for a while there, all I felt was alone. For a short bit I thought, "it would have been better if I had never dreamed at all."

Later, after having a while to wake up, and think it over, I thought, "I doubt my dream could have been much better, I mean, when your out having fun with someone you really care for, how much better can it get?" All in all, I'm glad I had that dream, it caused me a bit of pain when I woke up, but in the end, it was worth it.

Getting to the point of this post, as humans, we often look at the cost of doing something, and we let that determine whether we do it or not. For example, if we want have good grades we have to do all this extra work, if we want to be promoted, we have to try very hard for a while, and if we want buy something "big" we have to spend a while saving money. Many people, do good with some or even all these things, but most of us fall short in at least 1 of those areas.

Then there our dreams at night, when we really really want something to happen, or we are really really excited about something, or we really really want to remember something, our dreams can allow us to go through those events. But too often, when we wake, we may think that they are just to hard to do. Like, that girl or guy is never going to go for me, or I'll never be that great at guitar, or something like that.

The point is, too often we fall short, not because we are incapable, but because we give up before we even try. 

Let me tell you what the worst that could happen if you don't try: nothing.

You'r life won't become better, you won't ever know for sure, you'll never have those chances again, but you will miss your opportunity.

There is a good saying out there that says "go until you hear a, 'no.'" All that means is that means is KEEP GOING, until you hear a nice and loud "NO" from God, and pray that he will lead your path. Do that, and you'll never fall off his path, even when you think you have. He is good for his word, but how will you ever know that if you don't give him a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment